The report finds that:
- Economic inequality in Illinois continues to worsen.
- Illinois’ future is threatened by poverty and economic disadvantage among young adults.
- Illinoisans in extreme poverty face significant hardship in trying to meet their basic needs.
- Illinois’ fiscal health crisis jeopardizes the current and future economic well-being of families and communities.
- Income support programs, designed to supplement worker’s low wages, are being compromised by inadequate benefit levels, as well as capacity and access issues.