Monday, February 05, 2007

Learning to ask for help

It is sooooo cold today. This morning when I turned on my computer my weather bug read -10 degrees. Over the weekend my daughter, Monica, had car problems so I let her borrow my car. I had to get out to the burbs for a super bowl party so I borrowed a friends pickup truck. This morning the pickup truck wouldn't start so I got a jump from another friend. Anyway, I realized how difficult it is for me to ask for help, yet how heartwarming it is when God uses people around me to care for me. I thought about how wealth isolates us because we think we don't need others. Christian community involves interdependence. There is a vulnerability in that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Christian community involves interdependence. There is a vulnerability in that." This is a key reason that so many "Christians" want to avoid the church. They are too independent to be vulnerable. Vulnerability is risky. It may hurt and it may cost you something. But the benefits of Christian community can hardly be put into words.
KG

Anonymous said...

The other day my car broke down in the middle of a four lane road. a guy from my church happened by a minute later. really. I was more than happy to be "interdependent" and let him push my car off the road onto a side street. God meets us in our neediness much more than in our sufficiency.
Keri Wyatt Kent