Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Greed and Good

I am working on my dissertation today and was researching economic disparity when I found a book by Sam Pizzigati called Greed and Good. You can read the entire 659 page book online at the link. Of course, I didn't read the entire book today but I was drawn to his chapter on a "maximum wage". That makes sense to me. With a runaway economy in America that is leaving most of the world destitute, why wouldn't we instititute a maximum wage? FDR wanted to cap wages at $25,000. Can you imagine what a different world we would have today? Sounds to me like it would be more in keeping with the Scriptural teaching of Jubilee Economics than what we are seeing today. What do you think?

Oh, by the way, speaking of what you think, I just discovered that I had set the comment process such that I was supposed to go online to accept them. Sorry to those of you who commented and didn't see your comments posted. I wondered where everyone was, but was quite happy in my own little world of letting off steam! Try again, OK?

No comments: