Sunday, December 25, 2005

Experiencing the Peace and Joy of Christmas

I was in the grocery store yesterday when a woman rushed up to me and asked in a frenzy if I knew where the hand lotion was. I said I didn't but it must be right around there somewhere. She looked exasperated and said she had looked everywhere and felt like killing herself!

"Oh, don't do that!" I said.

"I just wish it was Monday", she sighed as she rushed down the aisle in search of hand lotion.

"What a sad way to experience Christmas!" I thought.

Tomorrow is Monday. The rush is over. Let peace rule! Please save me from that kind of tyranny!

We had a nice day, went to church, ate turkey with stuffing, rice, yams, jello, corn meal muffins, watched "Crash" and "Anger Management" and played Monopoly. I am blessed with peace!

Thank you Jesus for bringing peace into my life and my family, and thank you that some day you will reign in peace on this earth!

No comments: