Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Why blacks are leaving evangelical ministries

Here's a link to a very important article in Christianity Today by Edward Gilbreath entitled, Exit Interviews:
Why blacks are leaving evangelical ministries
. It is adapted from Gilbreath's book, Reconciliation Blues: A Black Evangelical's Inside View of White Christianity. Several people have pointed me toward this book this week so I just ordered it. I also just discovered Ed Gilbreath's Blog thanks to Rodolpho Carrasco at Urban Onramps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Arloa. The article was quite interesting and I am going to order the book today. We still have so much to learn about this thing called reconciliation.
KG

Anonymous said...

Arloa, Thanks for this link and introduction. This book will definetly be on my list. I read the article and felt my insides groan. It's not often that someone can articulate what you are experiencing or feeling.

Thanks for the post
kaj