Tuesday, June 08, 2010

May God Bless You With Discomfort

Thanks to John Deacon from Toronto for sending this quote to me...
May God bless you with discomfort at easy answers, half truths and superficial relationships, so you may live deep within your heart.

May God bless you with anger at injustice, oppression and exploitation of people, so that you may work for justice, freedom and peace.

May God bless you with tears to shed for those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation and war, so that you may reach out your hand to comfort them and turn their pain into joy.

And may God bless you with enough foolishness to believe you can make a difference in the world, so you can do what others claim cannot be done.
--Franciscan Prayer

2 comments:

Helen said...

Love it, Arloa! I am going to include in my book! Thanks for posting.

These Three Kings said...

WOW! Powerful Arloa! Hope you dont mind me sharing this on my blog. Thank you for all you do in Chicago. It amazes me to see the Lord at work in my old hood! So excited about returning home for the CCDA this yea!
Blessings to you!
Nicole