Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Sara Groves Awakening

I attended a Midday Connection Tea today with Craig Muller from Warm Blankets and singer, songwriter, Sara Groves. I had heard of Sara Groves but didn't know much about her. After today, she has become one of my favorite artists, not just because her music is great, but because of the message she brings. She said that while working with Charlie Peacock on an IJM project, she felt like she came out from under a rock and became aware of justice issues. She spoke with great humility about the importance of becoming educated about the issues and getting involved. The lyrics from one of her songs has been echoing through my head, "your pain has changed me". Great stuff! If you don't already download Midday everyday as a podcast, it would be worth your while to download and listen to this one from the Midday web site. If you can't listen to the whole show at least listen to the 23 to 25 minute section. She said so much about what I believe in those three minutes. Here's a quote from Mother Teresa that she used...
We can do no great things, only small things with great love.

No comments: