Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The process of forming BUILD, Breakthrough Urban Institute of Leadership Development, will be the foundation for my Doctor of Ministry dissertation. I am ABD (all but dissertation) toward getting my DMin in "Transformational Leadership for the Global City" from the Bakke Graduate University in Seattle. The studies have been very helpful in my journey toward "getting" an urban theology and a working philosophy of ministry in the arenas of community development, cross-cultural communication, social justice and faith. The BGU DMin has taken me on urban plunges to Ethiopia, Manila, Hong Kong and China. I traveled with Ray Bakke to garbage dump communities, roof top shanty towns and urban ghettos throughout the world and have met dynamic leaders in those communities who are making a difference. My greatest learning is that I have so much more to learn.

No comments: