Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you will honor me... He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God." (Psalm 50:14, 15, 23)
Years ago when I was facing a financial struggle, I stumbled upon these verses and learned a Scriptural principal that I have tried to practice since. I was stressed and needed deliverance and help in my "day of trouble". I spent a chunk of time forcing myself to give "thank offerings" to God. It worked! I was delivered, first from my anxiety, and then, what I needed came to me from an anonymous source. I have had many experiences of God's provision since. I have written about some of the miracles in a post on the Breakthrough web site.

There is so much that I am thankful for today: My family, friends, ministry and health for starters. My daughter, Teri, is in from Ohio State and we will all be together for a late afternoon feast. I spent the morning drinking coffee, reading the paper and cuddling with my grandson, Jayden. I am bursting with joy and gratitude! Thank you Lord!

No comments: